Engel & Völkers Yachting is a global player in the luxury yachting industry. Our Brand, Engel & Völkers, is one of the leading service companies in the sale and rental of premium estate and it is through this that we exceed any client network in the traditional yachting brokerage industry. We are looking for an experienced charter manager who is ambitious and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team on the French Riviera or in Monaco.
Would you like to join us too?
- Minimum of 3 years-experience as a charter manager
- Excellent knowledge of the yachting industry and charter VAT rules and régulations
- Confident to set up a new department from ground-level in a high-demanding industry
- Good negotiation skills and basic knowledge of marketing tools
- Good working knowledge of the standard MYBA agreements
- Hands-on and excellent problem-solver
- Ability to deal in a highly professional manner with HNW yacht owners and industry contacts
- Professional and courteous attitude at all times, even when under stress
- Excellent communications & interpersonal skills
- Fluent in French and English. Other languages - especially German - would be a plus
- This is not a 9 to 5 position and ability to be proactive and fast response are key
- Free to travel regularly to meet clients, visit yachts worldwide and attend several yacht shows per year
- Willing to do the required administration (set-up department admin system in the office and on the server)
- Holding the yachts’ calendars
- Updating the various industry tools (f.ex Yachtfolio) for a maximum visibility of the yacht
- Swift response to charter enquiries
- Working closely with the marketing manager to create appropriate marketing material
- Liaising with the captain during all stages of the charter process
- Proposing and organizing attendance at industry events to increase the yacht’s visibility
- Attending industry yacht shows and generally finding ways to maximise the yacht’s revenue
- Meeting owners twice a year to discuss owner’s preferences and advise on charter destinations, crew, etc. to increase charter income
- Updating owners on regular basis regarding the charter situation and enquiries received
- Regular visits to the yachts to ensure the yachts are up to the highest charter standards
- Handling queries during and after
- Applying VAT rules and regulations correctly
- Close collaboration with the business development manager and sales team to identify new business opportunities
What we offer:
We offer a team-oriented and diverse corporate culture within a highly professional consultancy network operating on a national and international scale. Our performance-related remuneration terms promise excellent income opportunities.
Interested? If so, we are looking forward to receiving your application on email@example.com.
Start date: Dec 4 2017